Our services extend to a variety of requirements to help our clients with their personal and business needs. These include:
You have spent years building up your businesses, and yet it can take only a few seconds to fall into financial hardship. The death or disability of a business owner can have a devastating effect on the finances of a business. Business loans may be recalled, or business revenue may fall. We can provide you with an end-to-end solution for your business risk needs, just a few examples are:
- Business Contingency cover, also known as loan protection or suretyship cover, essentially allows a business the option to offset future contingent liabilities, while releasing the Life Covered/guarantor’s estate from any personal liability.
- Keyperson cover is designed to compensate the business for the loss that the employer would suffer in the event of the employee’s death or disability. Proceeds received are used by the employer to absorb disruptions to the business, protect existing credit facilities and provide the funds needed to recruit and train a suitable replacement.
- Buy and Sell cover or partnership cover ensures the continuity of the business on the death or permanent disability of one or more co-owners. The buy and sell cover provides proceeds to facilitate the purchase of the deceased’s interest in the business.
- Business Overheads Replacer cover ensures that the business overheads are paid for when the business owner becomes temporarily disabled.
Retirement planning is key if you want to enjoy your retirement. Retirement planning consists of two phases: pre-retirement funding and post-retirement income. Pre-retirement funding means investing in a retirement annuity while you are actively working. Things to consider include how much you can currently afford to invest and how long you have until you reach retirement age. The second phase – post-retirement income – requires investing the proceeds of your retirement annuity into a life or living annuity. Post-retirement income considerations include choosing a product that is able to sustain capital growth while you receive an income and regularity of income payments.
Investing or saving money is key to achieving the goals you have set in life. There are a number of investment and savings solutions in which you can invest and each one is structured to meet a selection of investment needs.
Start by identifying your goal – are you investing for growth or for income?
- Investing for growth means you are willing to invest a lump sum or on a monthly basis for a select period of time.
- Investing for income means you need a product that will ensure some capital growth and pay out an income on a regular basis.
A Trust can be established in your will in order to hold and administer assets on behalf of a beneficiary.
Whether it makes sense to set up a Trust fund depends on the beneficiary’s circumstances and the value of the assets.
Some reasons for setting up a Testamentary Trust include:
- To provide for maintenance obligations.
- To ensure that minors’ inheritances are invested until a certain age (age of majority is 18).
- To administer assets on behalf of immature/handicapped beneficiaries during their lifetime.
Estate planning is the arrangement of an estate in terms of which the planner’s objectives in dealing with the assets and liabilities are achieved.
These objectives should make provision for the management of the planner’s estate during his/her life and thereafter.
Your last will and testament is one of the most important documents you will ever sign during your lifetime. Your will is an essential part of estate planning as it stipulates how you want your assets dealt with upon your death. Your estate refers to everything you own and owe, from property and cars to investments and debts. Proper estate planning will ensure that your estate is set up in a tax-efficient way that benefits you during your lifetime and your beneficiaries after you die.
A properly structured estate ensures that:
- There is enough cash to pay outstanding debts.
- There is an income (and capital if required) for your dependants.
The estate is distributed according to your wishes:
- Your business interests are protected.
- Taxes are minimised (e.g. estate duty and income tax).